Gigaom has some cool facts about Facebook from October 2005:
Facebook by the numbers, Oct. 26, 2005:
- 5 million users
- 5.5 billion page views in the month of September 2005
- The three stats Zuckerberg said he cared about: 70 percent of users come back daily, 85 percent come back weekly, 93 percent monthly
- Over 20,000 joining per day and accelerating
- 230 million page views per day (“We’re going to pass Google in page views a few weeks from now,” said Zuckerberg. “I was pretty surprised when I heard that.”)
- “We have well more than $1 million a month in revenue and that way covers our expenses — and we’re not even doing anything cool yet.”
I joined Facebook some time in 2005 while in Florida, but I can’t seem to find an exact date. Anyways, impressive.
Wholly agree with the title, albeit, for a different reason.
Our take on this (more specifically on facebook fan pages) at http://blog.eyesandfeet.com/2010/08/facebooks-killer-app-is-here-no-its-not.html
yeah it was pretty great back then. i couldn’t wait for it to be rolled out at my university. check this http://www.londonsf.com/2010/09/i-miss-when-facebook-told-me-my-wall.html
Leave a comment